Thursday, November 11, 2010

NPH is God


I don’t really get “star-struck,” likely because I know these so-called “celebrities” are just normal people. This past year I’ve ran into Kirsten Dunst at an Arcade Fire show, Cory Monteith at the Troubadour, Michael Rosenbaum at the Wiltern, and I accidentally bumped into Brittany Snow on set…  but it doesn’t really phase me. Yet, sometimes I still pull out my phone and snap a picture, because I think that’s what most people would do. Then I feel like a stalker and delete the picture because I really don’t know these strangers.

BUT I realized that if I were to bump into THE Neil Patrick Harris, I might just pee my pants. And this is why I idolize him:

He can be referred to as NPH. I can only dream that my status will be so high that I can simply use my initials, and people will know the awesomeness that is me.

He has the best roles… everrr. Doogie Howser! The hilarious, womanizing Barney Stinson from How I Met Your Mother! Playing himself in Harold & Kumar as a nypho-druggie! Amazing guest appearances on fun shows like Glee! Dr. Horrible in Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog! And my favorite, the voice of Steve in Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs! I think the inner-actor in me would love to have a resume such as this. And if you are unfamiliar with any of the aforementioned titles, I don’t think we can be friends.


He is a frickin magician. Like really. Like he serves on the Board of Directors of Hollywood’s Magic Castle. There’s no way I’ll ever be as cool as him.

He is an openly gay man. Now, I don’t idolize him because he is gay, but I admire that he can play straight roles without question. Also, when I think of NPH, labeling him “gay” isn’t my first thought, and I like that. I have so many gay friends and being gay is their identity. They only go to gay clubs and only have gay friends. I’m gay, and I can definitely say I prefer straight clubs and straight friends. But being gay and not being defined by it is something I hold high.

And lastly, if you go to Disney’s California Adventure and ride California Screamin’, NPH does the new voice-over that counts down just before launch! Disney is amazeballs and to have your voice on a ride would definitely be an achievement.

So there you have it… the reasons for my man-crush on NHP. And some more reasons HERE.

P.S. I’ve had people tell me that I can’t have man-crushes, as I am gay; however, I speculate that I would get a feeling that I can only compare to a giddy school-girl-crush, but with no sexual attraction whatsoever. Hence, this is not a crush, but a man-crush.

1 comment:

  1. BRILLIANT!!! And I didn't know that was his voice on California Screamin'! That's amazing! Someday you will be known by just your initials. And I love the point that he is a high profile gay figure and yet he is not defined by it.

    ReplyDelete