Thursday, January 6, 2011

RIP Pete Postlethwaite

I just found out that Pete Postlethwaite died. I know not many people know his name, but I'm sure that most people would recognize his face.


He has been in so many films that I love, and his roles are always memorable... probably why I felt compelled to blog about him. I distinctly remember him from Romeo + Juliet (1996), The Omen (2006), and The Lost World: Jurassic Park. He was also in The Town, Inception, Amistad, In The Name Of The Father, The Usual Suspects... and a long list of other amazing films.

Also, his voice can always be in my head, as I recall the album version of the song "Tubthumping" by Chumbawamba. Yes, it's his voice that says "Truth is I thought it mattered, I thought that music mattered. But does it bollocks! Not compared to how people matter." But this is just a quick dialogue from the film Brassed Off, and it doesn't appear in most versions of the song. But if you owned the album, like I did, you'd remember this. Otherwise, the rest of the song goes like this:



Goodbye Mr. Postlethwaite, you and your cheekbones will not be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment