Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Yogi Bear a Boo-Boo?

At first I didn't have any interest in a CGI Yogi Bear film. Then I heard Justin Timberlake and Anna Faris were added to the cast and my interest grew.

I have been impressed by Timberlake's acting career, with Alpha Dog, The Social Network, and even the SNL Dick-in-a-Box skit (I'll give him a get-out-of-jail-free card for The Love Guru). And Anna Faris is awesome. Despite her bimbo, airhead roles, she is actually an intelligent and talented actress & producer (I love The House Bunny).

Then I read from critics that the new Yogi Bear sucks. And now I'm sad. I no longer expect the Timberlake/Farris starpower to help this kids flick at the box office. For now I will just have to appreciate that the parody/alternate ending will be better than the film itself:



And Warner Brothers has not asked for this to be removed, which I can only assume means that this is better publicity for a movie they know will suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment