Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Beaver

It's interesting to me when I read a script before it becomes a movie. I'm reading what the screenwriter originally wanted. Then when the movie comes out, it's fun to compare to see what progress or changes they have made.

Two years ago I read an incredible script by Kyle Killen called The Beaver. I thought it was an odd yet inspiring script, and I was rooting for it to finally become a film. It was featured on the Blacklist, so it would probably get made, but I was still curious who they would cast, how audiences would react, what they would change...

I would tell you what it's about... but you can just watch it instead:



When I saw this trailer, I thought to myself... Mel Gibson? Really? What is it with casting "actors" in roles that hit a little too close to home? (ie David Duchovny a la Californication)

I think Mel Gibson is kind of a psychotic mess, and I'm actually a little sad his cameo was cut from The Hangover 2. But this film might actually be good for him. Only because I've read the script and I know how it ends. It feels like it would captivate audiences to gain him some sympathy, not just in the movie, but in real life.

Besides Mel Gibson, I approve of Jodi Foster as an actress.. kind of curious how this will be with her directing. But I must say, I am most excited that Anton Yelchin will be playing the son.I think Anton is an amazing actor and I'm excited to see his career has skyrocketed the past few years.

Either way, I'm intrigued to see how the final film turned out. I'm hoping I'm not disappointed because I really did love the script. I'll just have to wait til it's released sometime in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment